/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

ActivateTimeBomb

Hello guys,

I am not able to reinstall Communicator 2007 using the MSI after its deinstallation.
The log file says that ActivateTimeBomb returned error code 3.
Now if I comment this function in the MSI using an MST file it installs fine.

Anybody knows what this function could be / what it does and why it won't let me reinstall Communicator ?

Thank you

0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Answers (5)

Posted by: dynek 14 years ago
Senior Yellow Belt
I have some more info:

MSI (s) (54:E4) [14:23:07:851]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI67D.tmp, Entrypoint: ActivateTimeBomb
Action start 14:23:07: ActivateTimeBomb.
MSI (s) (54:C4) [14:23:07:851]: Machine policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0
MSI (s) (54:C4) [14:23:07:851]: Note: 1: 1402 2: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Rollback\Scripts 3: 2
Action ended 14:23:07: ActivateTimeBomb. Return value 3.
MSI (s) (54:C4) [14:23:07:851]: Note: 1: 1402 2: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Rollback\Scripts 3: 2
MSI (s) (54:C4) [14:23:07:851]: No System Restore sequence number for this installation.
MSI (s) (54:C4) [14:23:07:851]: Unlocking Server
MSI (s) (54:C4) [14:23:08:007]: Transforming table InstallExecuteSequence.
Posted by: mekaywe 14 years ago
Brown Belt
What is the condition given for ActivateTimeBomb CA?
Try to extract whats there in ActivateTimeBomb CA from Binay table and analyse what it does.
Senior Yellow Belt
It goes in the condition on first install as well. It doesn't seem to be the problem. Let me know if you want to see it.

Any idea what "No System Restore sequence number for this installation" is?

Thank you for your time
Posted by: VMGupta 14 years ago
Senior Yellow Belt
Hi,
This is a know error after applying the patch :MS09-056 - KB974571 as part of Oct 2009 patch cycle.

You can download the OCSASNFIX utility from the site http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=168248 and then re-install Communicator application.

- VM
Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ