/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

AutoDesk 2006 and Redirected/Roamed AppData "hack"

Hi everyone!

If you are running for example AutoCad Building Systems 2006 or the DWG TrueView 2 (i guess it's the same with ther other 2006-applications) and are using Roamed Profiles/ Redirectes folders your application is probably doing a self repair after the user has logged out an in again. This is because AutoDesk is installing to both Application Data and Local Settings. In our case Application Data is redirected but Local Settings is not roamed. The "missing" Local Settings-files will cause a self repair every time a user is running the AutoDesk application after the user has logged out.

This can be "hacked" in the InstallShield Editor. Find the System Search to the left and find the "Local AppData" in the "Search for"-list. Change it to AppData (if you want it to be the Application Data Folder instead), but don't change the "Store in" value.
You can also do it in the Direct Editor, in the RegLocator table.
I guess there is some function similar to this for Wise.

I dunno what AutoDesk saves in this folders, but I guess you can set other folders instead if you want.

As far as I know AutoDesk themself does not have any fix for this problem.

/Jonas

0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Answers (1)

Posted by: edocshare 18 years ago
Orange Belt
This does not seem to work with the latest version.

Lane
Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ