/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

installing app-v server

hello,

I try to install app-v 4.6 on windows 2008 r2 std. and i get the error
Error:25105 the installation program encountered an error when attemping to write to a required file."

And yes i googeld it but nothing worked:(

0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Answers (4)

Posted by: roni86 12 years ago
Blue Belt
Application Virtualization Management Server
Posted by: ksaunam 12 years ago
Orange Senior Belt
Maybe you could enable MSI logging for the installation and post relevant part of the generated log here? It just might tell what file is causing the issue.
Posted by: roni86 12 years ago
Blue Belt
i want to logon to the database and I get.. SoftGrid Management Console Errors 0000C800
Posted by: vkleiner 12 years ago
Orange Senior Belt
Hi,
research in this format and keywords will be successfull: App-V Error Erorcode

For typical error codes use this search format: App-V Error xx-xxxxxxxx. See results for app-v error 25105 or app-v error 0000C800.
The Microsoft Knowledgebase is also a good recource to find a solution. See KB930565  for further details.

Check out the permission settings, descibed in the Microsoft Whitepaper Application Virtualization Trial Guide; see section Grant Execute permission on the SftMgmt.udl file for App-V Administrators group.

Another solution is to deinstall .NET 4 before you install the app-v server. The Framework can be install after the setup again.

/vkleinerde
Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

Don't be a Stranger!

Sign up today to participate, stay informed, earn points and establish a reputation for yourself!

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ