/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX -- Error 2753.The File 'InstallAX.exe' is not marked for installation.

Application Management Group Policy:
Application Adobe Flash Player 10.2.153.1 ActiveX from policy Managed Software - Adobe Flash Player ActiveX was configured to upgrade application Adobe Flash Player 10.1.85.3 ActiveX from policy Managed Software - Adobe Flash Player ActiveX. The assignment or install of the upgrade application Adobe Flash Player 10.2.153.1 ActiveX from policy Managed Software - Adobe Flash Player ActiveX failed with error : %%1603 The upgrade will be aborted.

Adobe Flash GPO Deploy error “InstallAx.exe” Flash won’t uninstall correctly from a GPO deployment

Error message from EventViewer: Product: Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX -- Error 2753.The File 'InstallAX.exe' is not marked for installation.

I am running Windows 7 and I am trying to uninstall Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX yet I can't find it on the list of Add/Remove Programs. I have cleaned the registry with CCLEANER application. I also followed instructions for removing the registry keys of the following website http://faultbucket.ca/2010/12/adobe-flash-gpo-deploy-error-installax-exe/ and still nothing.

I am stuck and I don't know how to remove Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX from my computer. Can anyone help me Much Appreciated!

0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Answers (7)

Posted by: gireesh 11 years ago
White Belt

Remove the values from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\SafeVersions. This will fix the 'InstallAX.exe' is not marked for installation error.

Posted by: Rincewind 12 years ago
Yellow Belt
my solution:

a script containing

reg.exe DELETE HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\3B9E3B7B41BF729498B49E215490FAA5 /f
reg.exe DELETE HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\3B9E3B7B41BF729498B49E215490FAA5 /f

Comments:
Posted by: Aciduser 12 years ago
Senior Yellow Belt
I won't describe here complex details about how and why this problem occurs with Flash, but I will add my two cents how to prevent this error from happening in future.

1) After creating .MST Transform for Flash, find "NewCustomAction1" or something like this, which actually installs flash. You will see condition for this custom action as:
NOT Installed

You should change it to:
NOT Installed AND $InstallAX.exe=3
where "InstallAX.exe" is a name of component in Flash MSI that stores setup. For 64-bit flash it will be InstallAX64.exe, for Non-IE Flash - InstallPlugin.exe and InstallPlugin64.exe.
So, adding "AND $InstallAX.exe=3" will make Custom Action Run ONLY when component is being installed or re-installed.

- Say Bye-bye to 2753 error.

2) (Recommended) Add check for running Internet Explorer and terminate installation with descriptive error in that case. Make sure it runs in "Install Execute Sequence" AND in "Advertise Exec Sequence".

3) (Optional) Add custom action to terminate "FlashUtil*" process, often it may be hanged from previous flash installation it usually causes failures upon installing flash.

NOTE: For already trashed up PC's - apply solution that was mentioned above by cleaning up registry.

Comments:
  • Some of this sounded scary but to be thorough I checked my MSI (11.2.202.235) and found the condition for the InstallAX64.exe component to be . - rlinhartpdx 11 years ago
Posted by: JRWilliams308 13 years ago
Yellow Belt
Having same issue since deploying 10.2.152.26. Either of two files are not marked for installation.

Product: Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX -- Error 2753.The File 'FP_AX_MSI_INSTALLER.exe' is not marked for installation.

or same as OP

Product: Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX -- Error 2753.The File 'InstallAX.exe' is not marked for installation.

Doesn't occur to all systems in our enviroment, and all prior versions appear to have been same. Error reoccurs if running the msi manually before and after uninstallation of prior version. However, upgrading from website or the upgrade notification apeears to work everytime.
Posted by: cedricb 12 years ago
Yellow Belt
Hi Everyone,

I am also stuck with this error, not occuring in all systems, same as you too.
From SCCM I am having the same issue : error 1603

On the client side I get: Product: Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin -- Error 2753.The File 'InstallPlugin.exe' is not marked for installation.

Do you have any info on this since you posted that error a few months ago?
In advance, thank you,
Cédric
Posted by: dandirk 12 years ago
Third Degree Green Belt
It has been awhile but I will tell you my solution...

Essentially I have found that something gets hosed up during an auto-update by app or rumor has it a certain previous version causes this issue.

Pretty much a uninstall of previous version is borked and items are left behind during the uninstall. So the new version doesn't copy down the proper files (thus not marked for installation).

The common way people have been fixing this is by removing registry QUID keys from Classes\installer\Products You have to search through all the keys (listed as GUIDS) and delete any that refer to Flash.

Your install will succeed (sort of, it will OVER install the current version, it will NOT remove any versions installed).

The exact cause of the 2753 error mentions improper conditions on a CA, I have not been able to find the fix/CA this way.

BTW I have seen this exact issue with Java too, I think it has to do with the crappy msi wrapper method both these apps use. They both essentially copy installer files down and run a CA script to run the install. It is not technically proper msi.

Another solution many people have reported was to use the EXE install that you can download straight from Adobe, that version seems to not have the problem.
Posted by: bunfried 12 years ago
Senior Yellow Belt
The exact cause of the 2753 error mentions improper conditions on a CA, I have not been able to find the fix/CA this way.

There is a solution for this error. Nothing helped myself (reg cleaning, uninstall tools, etc.), but the MS fix it tool for installing/uninstalling programs.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall/en-us
[:D]

Comments:
  • I wasn't able to use the portable tool.

Failed to create the portable diagnostic tool

Errors were found in one or more of the necessary components and the diagnostic tool can not continues.

The web site has a web version but this would be a manual process to run on computers with failed installations. It doesn't support "Run-as" so would also need to log in with Admin account. - rlinhartpdx 11 years ago
Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ