/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

VBS Script for Installed RAM DIMMs as a Custom Inventory Field

InstalledMemory.zip contains Software-207.kpkg and Script-51.kpkg

Import these two files into your kbox by placing them on the KBOX samba share \\kboxip\clientdrop

Go to Settings > Resources > Import KBOX Resources and the two items should appear. Import them.

Then schedule the script to run about once a week and hit the run it now button.

Make sure the custom software inventory item is applied to all windows machines.

Check the client in manually after the script is finished and it should be there under Custom Inventory Fields.

Attachment

0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Answers (6)

Posted by: scottlutz 12 years ago
Orange Senior Belt
There is already a bug filed for this. The current workaround is to change your custom inventory rule from:

ShellCommandTextReturn(more C:\TEMP\installedmemory.txt)
[or where ever your output file is]
to
ShellCommandTextReturn(cmd /c more "C:\TEMP\installedmemory.txt") -- The quotes are needed if there is a space in the filename.

You will note the addition of the "cmd /c"........
Posted by: awenzel@kace.com 13 years ago
Senior Purple Belt
This is what the Custom Field will appear like;

Posted by: btw256 13 years ago
Yellow Belt
Thanks for this. I was able to get this to work.

One question though... when I view the custom field from within the computer object in the KACE console, it displays as shown above.

But when I add this field to a report, it displays the <br/> entries within the field as text instead of executing a line break at those points. So output looks like this:

Memory installed in . (Dimension 8200)<br/>----------------------------------------------<br/>Slot 1 : 512MB RAMBUS DDR PC3200<br/>Slot 2 : 512MB RAMBUS DDR PC3200<br/>Slot 3 : 256MB RAMBUS DDR PC3200<br/>Slot 4 : 256MB RAMBUS DDR PC3200<br/>1.5GB Installed<br/>2GB Maximum<br/><br/>

How can I correct this?
Posted by: Capt.Morgan 12 years ago
Orange Belt
I noticed that this no longer works after upgrading to 5.3. Is there a way to resolve this?
Posted by: tomikuku 12 years ago
Senior Yellow Belt
Hi,
It is not reporting into custom invetory field. How to make it?

Please advice
Posted by: agardner 11 years ago
White Belt

Where can I download the files to import into Kace?

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

Don't be a Stranger!

Sign up today to participate, stay informed, earn points and establish a reputation for yourself!

View more:

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ