/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

Wake-On-Lan

I can get WOL to work all day, but the next day, it doesn't work until I manually turn on the computer.

Computer: HP Compaq 8000 Elite SFF
BIOS: 786G7 v01.02
NIC: Intel(R) 82567LM-3 Gigabit Network Connection

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Answers (2)

Posted by: Lucid 13 years ago
Purple Belt
When you say you get it to work all day, have you powered down the machine and let it sit for a bit before trying to wake it up? In case there is a BIOS power mode setting that after X amount of time shifts to full power off instead of low power mode. Also, what are you using to wake them up?
Posted by: johnsclark 13 years ago
Senior Yellow Belt
Thanks for the tip, Lucid! It got me pointed in the right direction. In Device Manager, there was a setting to "Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power". I disabled that feature. Thanks again!
Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

Don't be a Stranger!

Sign up today to participate, stay informed, earn points and establish a reputation for yourself!

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ