/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

Adobe reader 9 push out and auto remove all old versions?

Hi All

I have created the script to silently install Adobe Reader version 9:

START /WAIT MSIEXEC /I \\path to location\AcroRead.msi ALLUSERS=TRUE TRANSFORMS=\\path to location\AcroRead.mst /QN

And that works. The problem is, with the Adobe Customization Wizard 9 the option to select upgrade existing versions is greyed out. Hence i need to add to the script all the options to remove all current versions. Has anyone done this so can save me some grief as not that great with scripting. Just trying not to recreate the wheel.

Scott

0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Answers (4)

Posted by: jcarri06 14 years ago
Senior Purple Belt
I thought the Adobe reader msi already upgrade from older versions automatically...but I could be wrong. Have you considered modifying the MST to include the upgrade codes for the previous versions?

- Jay
Posted by: dunnpy 14 years ago
Red Belt
Scott,

Looking at the upgrade table in the MSI it appears that it should upgrade versions 6 and above automatically - anything lower than 6 and you're looking at custom actions to uninstall.

Thanks,

Dunnpy
Posted by: Hagen 14 years ago
Senior Yellow Belt
You should use the "Acrobat 9 Customization Wizard"- good working tool which creates an detailled mst-file.
Get it here: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3993
Posted by: dunnpy 14 years ago
Red Belt
Hagen,

It's great that you're replying to posts - but this thread is over a month old!

He'd already said that he was using the Adobe Customization Wizard:

The problem is, with the Adobe Customization Wizard 9 the option to select upgrade existing versions is greyed out.

Dunnpy
Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

Don't be a Stranger!

Sign up today to participate, stay informed, earn points and establish a reputation for yourself!

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ