/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

flash player uninstall crashes on vpcs

I have been distributing flash player 9.0.124 in a company environment successfully on about 1800 machines, the only ones posing a problem are virtual pcs that have been staged with vmware.

here is part of my cmd file:

Xecho "If old versions are installed, remove them "
if exist %systemroot%\system32\macromed\flash\*.ocx source\uninstall_flash_player.exe /silent
xpstat -wait uninstall_flash_player.exe -t 120
Reg Query "HKLM\Software\_company_\Installed" /s | find /i "Flash Player 8.0.24.0 (Macromedia)" && packmancmd /U 20070102173258 && Xecho "Cleanup of old version for Packman "
Xecho "Launching Latest Flash ActiveX Plugin "
copy /y "Source\install flash player 9 ax.exe" "%temp%" > NUL
"%temp%\install flash player 9 ax.exe" /s
xpstat -wait "install flash player 9 ax.exe" -t 300
del /q "%temp%\install flash player 9 ax.exe"
REM Xecho -l "%$pkg_logpath_network%\%$PKG_Foldername%\%computername%.txt" Installation %$PKG_Foldername% ended ...

according to the log file everything has been uninstalled/installed fine, but on the vpcs I get consequently two application errors logged, the first one:
-Faulting application uninstall_flash_player.exe, version 4.0.0.8, faulting module nsisarray.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00003a6b.
second one:
-(drwatson)The application, Z:\Flash Player 9.0 (Macromedia)\source\uninstall_flash_player.exe, generated an application error
The error occurred on 07/07/2008 @ 18:16:25.171
The exception generated was c0000005 at address 00993A6B (NSISArray)

untill now found nothing that references to the nsisarray.dll which is used during the installation.

why does this occur only on virtual machines, driving me mad !
(all machines, virtual and non virtual run the same OS: XP sp2)

0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Answers (1)

Posted by: anonymous_9363 15 years ago
Red Belt
Use a process monitor like ProcMon. Everything is just guess-work, otherwise.
Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ