/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

accessin Summary Table

Hi All,

I'm writing a CUB file checking Title and Subject in Summary table as per my company standards. But I'm unable to get the SQL queried record set.

I'm using the following code :

Set View = Database.OpenView("SELECT * FROM `Summary`")
View.Execute
Records = View.Fetch

After the 2nd line my function exists without error. Is Summary table not accessible for such queries. Someone told me to use MsiSummaryInfoGetProperty function. I'm not sure how to use it. Please advise

0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Answers (3)

Posted by: spartacus 15 years ago
Black Belt
The sample script WISumInf.vbs from the Microsoft Platform SDK could give you some clues as to how to access / modify the Summary Information stream. However, as you mention that you are developing a CUB file, I would imagine the VB Script for this particular ICE would look something like

'Checks the Summary table for the appropriate Title and Subject
Function SumInf()
On Error Resume Next
Set recInfo = Installer.CreateRecord(1)
If Err <> 0 Then
SumInf=1
Exit Function
End If
Set sInfo = Session.Database.SummaryInformation
sTitle = sInfo.Property(2)
sSubject = sInfo.Property(3)
'Enter your code to check the Title and Subject against defined standards below
'**
'**
'**
SumInf=1
Exit Function
End Function

Regards,

Spartacus
Posted by: upkaar 15 years ago
Senior Yellow Belt
Thanks Spartacus. I'll try this...
Posted by: upkaar 15 years ago
Senior Yellow Belt
Hi Spartacus,

This works so wonderfully... Thank you so much! :)

Also, came to know Summary table does not exists... It's in GUI.

Regards,
Upkar
Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ