/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

Research In Motion BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.3

Hello folks,

Thankyou all for your time.

Here is the issue.

I installed "Research In Motion BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.3". It works fine in the user enivironment But in the Control Panel (at the user environment) In the add\remove programs if the repair is used the follwing errors pops up. Can any one suggest me how to get rid of them. (Very critical App)

1 Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files\Research In motion\BlackBerry\IS71 connectors\ISGroupWize6.5.x\GW.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147220473. contact your support personnel.
2 Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files\Research In motion\BlackBerry\IS71 connectors\ISGroupWize6.5.x\GWApi.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147220473. contact your support personnel.
3 Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files\Research In motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Desktop Setup\ desktopSetup_pb.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147220473. contact your support personnel.
4 Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files\Research In motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Action engine\SyncAE_pb.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147220473. contact your support personnel.

Thanking you once again.

Ram.

0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Answers (6)

Posted by: anonymous_9363 16 years ago
Red Belt
Ram,

Obviously you took the advice I gave here http://itninja.com/question/problems-with-uninstall&mpage=1&key=萺and have looked at what a 1904 error means?

Equally obviously:
- you have examined the DLLs in question to see what dependencies, they have, if any.
- you have tried registering/unregistering the DLLs in question manually to see if that is successful or not
- you have run the install with a process monitor so that you can determine exactly why the DLLs fail to register/unregister.

I wonder if I can guess at the answer to those questions...?
Posted by: Ram 16 years ago
Senior Purple Belt
Thankyou for the quick reply,

I will try out tomorrow in the office and see how it goes. And get back to you.

Ram.
Posted by: Ram 16 years ago
Senior Purple Belt
Hi VBscab,

Thankyou for your time.

I did try all those options but still was not able to make it work.

Anymore suggestions will be appreciated.

Ram.
Posted by: anonymous_9363 16 years ago
Red Belt
ORIGINAL: Ram
I did try all those options but still was not able to make it work.
This is a joke, right?

If you HAD carried out those suggestions - particularly the use of a properly-configured process monitor - you WILL have found out why the DLLs were failing to register.

As my signature suggests, by 'process monitor' I mean one that actually TELLS you something, not the ludicrous Windows Task Manager...
Posted by: ScoopD 15 years ago
Yellow Belt
[font="arial unicode ms"]A bit f'n harsh Scab.
[font="arial unicode ms"]
[font="arial unicode ms"]The listed files are in the SelfReg table, so the person initiating the repair will have to have the rights to register files on the workstation. If this is a locked down user who does not have these privileges the registration will fail with a 1904 error.
[font="arial unicode ms"]Anyone who uses the SelfReg table should take a long hard look at themselves. Registering this way gives you no control over the registration process and does not provide advertised entry points for automatic repair of the application.
[font="arial unicode ms"]The short answer to the original question is that the error is caused by a badly packaged application.
Posted by: reds4eva 15 years ago
Second Degree Blue Belt
Do a search of Appdeploy for wisecomcapture. VBScab wrote a script that grabs all of the com info of DLL's so they can easily be imported into a msi, which means not having to use the selfreg table. that script will save you a shite load of time and headaches.
Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ