/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

Making an MST for Citrix EdgeSight 4.2

I have the following instructions on doing a commandline silent install of Citrix EdgeSight 4.2:
[left]Msiexec /i \\servername\share\EdgeSightEPAgent /l Install_LOG.log /q[/left][left]COMPANY=MyCompany SERVER_NAME=myServer REMOTE_SECURITY=0[/left]SYNCH_AD_TREE=1

I'm using Orca to try and put this into an MST. While I found remote_security and synch_ad_tree parameters in the Property Table and changed them, I cannot find where to enter company or server_name, and, searching the MSI doesn't find them.

Doing a manual install, those two parameters come up as shown:

and

Being kinda a newbie at doing this...how do I determine where to enter these two parameters so that I can make an MST?

Thanks!

0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Answers (5)

Posted by: gmouse 16 years ago
Orange Senior Belt
Sorry...I tried pasting screenshots, but, they didn't appear.

Basically, it's a typical GUI install, asking you to fill in the blank for Company and Server Name. I just can't find corresponding entries in the MSI, to make an MST with.

Thanks.
Posted by: anonymous_9363 16 years ago
Red Belt
These will be properties "behind" dialog controls, that's why you couldn't find them in the Property table. Have a look in the 'Property' column of the 'Control' table: you should find the properties there.

If you create and populate these two properties as new rows in your MST's 'Property' table, you'll find that the relevant dialog text-boxes will appear (during your testing) pre-populated with whatever values you assign to the properties.
You can then be assured that the silent install will proceed as expected.
Orange Senior Belt
Thanks.

Yes, I saw them in the Control Table, but, didn't see a field to modify in that Table.

Soooo...the CORRECT thing to do is to add them to the Property Table, with the right values, or, is there a better way?

Also...if phrases have spaces, do I ever need to use "", in an MSI?

Thanks, again!
Posted by: anonymous_9363 16 years ago
Red Belt
ORIGINAL: gmouse
Soooo...the CORRECT thing to do is to add them to the Property Table, with the right values, or, is there a better way?
Correct.

ORIGINAL: gmouse
Also...if phrases have spaces, do I ever need to use "", in an MSI?
Not in the MSI itself, no. Well, unless you want quote marks in the text, of course! :)
Orange Senior Belt
OK, THANKS!

I'll give it a try.
Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ