/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

Adobe CS3 deployment

Has anyone been able to successfully deploy any Adobe CS3 application using Group Policy? Adobe's setup architecture seems to have completely changed since CS2 and it's put myself in quite a bind for deployment.

0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Answers (6)

Posted by: meastaugh1 16 years ago
Senior Purple Belt
It seems that Adobe have screwed their installation for anyone hoping to deloy CS3 with GP. According to [url=http://itninja.com/question/how-do-you-roll-out-new-machines?6716&mpage=1桽]this post[/url], you'd have problems using an MSI wrapper, because of the calls made between Adobe's exe setup and MSI wrapper.
Posted by: alanho 16 years ago
Senior Yellow Belt
I have finally deployed Adobe CS3 correctly throughout my company. It was actually a pretty simple script and I'm smacking myself for not thinking of it earlier.

If anyone is interested, I'll gladly post the script. Please take note, I'm not using MSIs, but a startup script. It's not ideal, but it does work and you can deploy most updates in this manner.
Posted by: teckset 16 years ago
Yellow Belt
I would be very interested in your script and learning more about how you got it to deploy.

Thanks
Posted by: absdjf@bath.ac.uk 16 years ago
Senior Yellow Belt
Likewise - I may need to install this this year. Any pointers, please?

Thx
Dave
Posted by: JanSp 16 years ago
Senior Yellow Belt
I was hoping for the scripts you used to deploy as i am in that process currently and under the gun...
Posted by: alanho 16 years ago
Senior Yellow Belt
I apologize for the late response. Please check out this thread for the script and the explanation of its usage:

http://itninja.com/question/how-do-you-roll-out-new-machines?6716&mpage=1&key=&#27648
Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

Don't be a Stranger!

Sign up today to participate, stay informed, earn points and establish a reputation for yourself!

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ