/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

Error 1918 error installing ODBC driver

Error which i am facing is "Error 1918 , Error installing ODBC driver : INTERSOLV 2.11 32BIT INFORMIX5.ODBC error 13. Could not load the setup or translator library.Verify that the file INTERSOLV 2.11 32 BIT INFORMIX5 exist and that you can acess it"

I am packaging oracle forms run time 4.5 . packaging in wise studio when trying to install tha app thru msi getting an error .

Pz help me in solving the problem

0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Answers (15)

Posted by: slb 18 years ago
Purple Belt
Is there a custom action SetODBCFolders present in your msi??
Posted by: geoffro79 18 years ago
Senior Yellow Belt
i had problem with caputuring an oracle ODBC driver using wise as well.
It seems that Wise stuffs up the capture and the altenative was to modify the capture slightly before installing it, by creating the driver manually.
Below is how i go to it work.

When editing, go to "Installation expert" view, then to ODBC section. If there is no ODBC driver listed in this view then my suggestions may not apply to your problem.
IF the ODBC driver is there, open up its properties note down the .dll filenames it refers to and their location. Now you can delete this entry. By deleting this entry from this view it will remove the existance of the files from the file table. From "Installation Expert" view go to "files" and then change view to say "Complete" feature, add the .dll files from Test pc back into your package.

From Registry view, 'Add" from test PC to your package
hklm\software\odbc\odbcinst.ini\[odbc driver name for your oracle package]
hklm\software\odbc\odbcinst.ini\odbc drivers\[odbc driver namefor your oracle package]

From registry view check in your package in hklm\software\odbc\odbcinst.ini\[odbc driver name for your oracle package] that both the "driver" and "setup" key "value" points to the correct oracle .dll files

Compile and test the install. Then go to ODBC data sources in windows, in the drivers tab should be your ODBC driver.

hope this may help
Posted by: brenthunter2005 18 years ago
Fifth Degree Brown Belt
I do agree with geoffro79. I always add ODBC drivers and connections by way of registry settings, rather than using the Windows Installer ODBC tables.
Posted by: ankit_world007 18 years ago
Senior Yellow Belt
No there is no such setODBCfolders present in my msi . I just capture the wsi after installation and try to install it through msi its giving error then .
Posted by: MSIPackager 18 years ago
3rd Degree Black Belt
I do agree with geoffro79. I always add ODBC drivers and connections by way of registry settings, rather than using the Windows Installer ODBC tables.

I 3rd that motion.. [:)] If you deceide to do that, then remember if it's a user based DSN the keys will reside in hkcu\software\odbc and not hklm\software\odbc

Cheers,
Rob.
Senior Yellow Belt
Thnx a lot geoffro. Your suggestion was working. \

Hope that in future I face any problem will get reply from you ............

Thanx again.

bye
Senior Yellow Belt
While trying to install Autocad LT 2002 thru msi, i am getting error 1904 its unable to register the todayres.dll , truecolor.ocx

I tried to install it manually thru command line but unable to do that .

Plz help me in solving the problem ......................urgently required help

Thanx in advance
Posted by: usman_bluechip 13 years ago
Yellow Belt
Geoffro79 thank you soooooooooo much, your solution to the error 1918 worked, i am so delighted, u saved a lot of my time, i would be really difficult for me to figure this out,, your stupendous,, thank you once again, praises to u. [:)][:)]
Posted by: dnmech 13 years ago
Senior Purple Belt
I tried to install it manually thru command line but unable to do that .

Remove thsoe files from SelfReg table (if present).

Manually register the .dll and .ocx. Capture those registry entries(use Wisecomreg.exe). Import the reg entries in your package.

See if it works.

Thanks
Posted by: pjgeutjens 13 years ago
Red Belt
just thought I'd point out this topic was over 4 years old.

Cheers,

PJ
Senior Purple Belt
My Bad...

I did not see the date clearly in the penultimate post. i think i need to check the no in my glasses lol...

Thanks for pointing it.
Posted by: anonymous_9363 13 years ago
Red Belt
Capture those registry entries(use Wisecomreg.exe).That would be WiseComCapture, of course.
Senior Purple Belt
That would be WiseComCapture, of course.

Not necessarily, I use WiseCOMReg.exe and it works fine as well.
Posted by: anonymous_9363 13 years ago
Red Belt
IIRC, WCR is part of Wise Installation System, WCC is part of Wise Package Studio (which the OP said he's using). Don't quote me, though! :)
Senior Purple Belt
You win!!!
Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ