/build/static/layout/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png

JAWS PDF Editor how crate answer file? for unattended installation

Hello

I downloaded the Setup with JawsPDF.

http://downloads.jawspdf.com/JawsPDFEditor.exe

The file is only a exe file. If I implement this with /r, I get a iss file. If I start the exe file with the iss file goes to nothing. No logfile. Can me someone help?
I wand install this applikation unattended.
Thanks

0 Comments   [ + ] Show comments

Answers (3)

Posted by: bkelly 19 years ago
Red Belt
I did some playing with this one, and while you do have to look quick to catch it- this is actually a wrapped Windows Installer setup. The InstallShield wrapper is still providing some [broken] ISS support, but the ISS file created does not contain the standard header information (version, type, etc.). Even when I added this information, the ISS did not want to work quite right. The best I could get was a blank question dialog asking you to answer "Yes" or "No". The invisible question is "Do you want to restart?" - be prepared before answering yes!

It did not handle my switches telling it where to put the log file (f2) but I did find that by putting all of the files in the same folder and calling it like this:

JawsPDFEditor.exe -s -SMS

(no paths, all files in local directory)

When I first tried this using the switches to specify the location of the ISS and desired log files, I would see activity and then nothing. I ran it from a batch file and echoed %errorlevel% to see that while there was no error log being generated, it was in fact returning an error of negative three. With all files in the same temp folder, I did get a setup.log file which indicated the same -3 error code. This error translates to "Required data not found in the Setup.iss file".

Looks like you will need to work with the MSI directly. The bad part is that this requires InstallShield script and does not want to be run directly, so it will still taking some playing around to get it running. I'll try to play with it a bit more, but hopefully this will get you moving in the right direction.
Posted by: bkelly 19 years ago
Red Belt
Get your source files by running the setup.exe and choosing what language you want. At this point the source files are dumped to a subdirectory of %TEMP% where you can copy them out to a network share. Next create a simple batch file in this same share/folder containing the following two commands:

msiexec.exe /i ISScript8.msi /qb
msiexec.exe /i "Jaws PDF Editor 2.1.msi" ISSETUPDRIVEN=1 TRANSFORMS=1033.MST /qb

The rest of the customization (serial numbers, settings, etc.) will probably need to be handled via registry updates after the installation.
Posted by: df1 19 years ago
Yellow Belt
Thank you for your assistance.
I it will in this way try.
Thanks
Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site and/or clicking the "Accept" button you are providing consent Quest Software and its affiliates do NOT sell the Personal Data you provide to us either when you register on our websites or when you do business with us. For more information about our Privacy Policy and our data protection efforts, please visit GDPR-HQ